How Solar Works
- The solar panels collect sunlight and converter that energy into DC electricity.
- The DC Electricity produced by the panels is inverted by the inverter to AC electricity, so we can use it in our household.
- Network smart meters measure the power used by the household and the power sent back to the grid.
- The solar system's power is used by the household’s appliances.
- Any excess power produced by the solar system is sent back to the grid or stored into a battery.
- You are paid a feed-in tariff by your electricity retailer for ant excess power sent back to the grid.